Jennifer has partnered with privately-held, family-owned, and publicly traded clients and focuses on start-up to medium size businesses. She has consulted in a range of industries, including professional services, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, marketing, advertising, manufacturing, event services, higher education and not-for-profit.
Here is a sample of her client work:
- Collaborated with executives of a health wellness organization to develop its first compensation plan for over 2000 employees in their 15+ US offices. Jennifer created a rewards strategy and competitive pay structure across geographies that supported the business’ objectives. Jennifer also built pay structures for their corporate and executive positions.
- Worked with the leadership team of a fast growing events company to develop a reward strategy and guiding principles. Used creative approach to perform a comprehensive market assessment to determine employee pay. Results were completed in a tight timeframe and used to help establish employee trust.
- Developed and implemented a custom competitor survey to present market results to client on compensation, benefit practices and organizational design options. She evaluated job descriptions and conducted market pricing with pay recommendations.
- Provided executive pay recommendations for a privately-held company based on market assessments and internal value of its officer positions. As an active member of their compensation committee, Jennifer has developed an agreed upon compensation philosophy and sound protocols for decision-making and communication. She also conducted research and led initiative to develop an employee short-term incentive plan.
- Created numerous employee handbooks, which reflected the culture and “voice” of each organization in a conversational, yet informative manner.
- Successfully recruited and selected high quality candidates for professional and executive level positions for multiple clients.
- Designed a performance management process and tools to evaluate employees and managers based on the company’s values and competencies for a technology systems integration company.
Prior to her current role, Jennifer previously worked in human resources leadership positions for diverse organizations from small, growth-phase companies to large, established corporations.
Jennifer earned a BS degree in Education from University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana and a MSIR in Human Resources from Loyola University Chicago. She is also a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and a Global Remuneration Professional (GRP).
Jennifer’s book contributions and conference resources include topics on compensation, performance appraisals, career ladders, talent acquisition and human resources trends.